Quantitative Research Intern
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The Role: WorldQuant is seeking exceptional individuals to join the firm as Quantitative Research Interns and work together with our researchers. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of the global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets. Candidates will have a research scientist mind-set, be a self-starter, and be a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges.
What You’ll Bring:
- Pursuing a Ph.D. or M.S. degree from a leading university in a quantitative or highly analytical field (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Big Data)
- Graduating in late 2022 or 2023
- Demonstrated ability of at least one programming language, e.g. C++, python, etc.; familiar with platforms like Linux/Unix
- Research experience in NLP, Deep Learning, or AI is a plus
- Proficient English reading and writing skills
What We Offer:
- Top performers during the internship may be eligible for a WorldQuant full-time offer
- Competitive intern salary
- Join our established tutorial training system and receive one-on-one guidance by an accomplished mentor during the internship
- Enhance global vision with opportunities to exchange ideas with various teams in WorldQuant global offices
- Flexible working time, comfortable working environment, and rich employee activities
Position is based in our research office in Beijing.
Interested and qualified candidates please email your current CV (or any questions) in ENGLISH and local language
to [email protected]
Copyright © 2022 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.