WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
The Role: We are seeking an exceptionally talented data scientist with strong modeling and programming skills to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with data science team and technologists across the firm to develop appropriate features and metrics for data processing.
- Perform analysis and generate models of financial datasets using machine learning techniques
- Process, clean and verify the integrity of unstructured data and turn data into valuable insights
- Develop and create data that seek to predict the movement of financial market
- Transfer data into internal infrastructure applying variety of algorithmic techniques
What You’ll Bring:
- Have a Master’s degree or higher from a leading university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related areas
- Good academic record
- Familiar with modeling, data structures, algorithms and optimizations
- Strong knowledge of machine/deep learning algorithms
- Proficient in programming languages of both C++ and Python
- Possess good communication and presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Research scientist mindset: deep thinker, creative, strong work ethic, persevering, smart & a self-starter
- Detail oriented and capable of multitasking and delivering in fast-paced work environment
- While not mandatory, a strong interest in financial markets will definitely be beneficial
- Participant of ACM-ICPC
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.