WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
What You’ll Bring:
- Python programming or strong skills in another language
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology, engineering, or any other related fields.
- 4+ years as developer, possess core technical skills, working experience in a systematic environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge in various database is a strong plus and messaging technologies is a bonus (SQL, Redis, Kafka etc.)
- Experience with data analysis is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and out of the box thinking ability
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
What We Offer:
- Competitive and attractive compensation package with clear career road-map – where you feel challenged everyday
- We offer a strong culture of learning and development: training courses, library, speakers, share and learn events
- Learn from who sits next to you! Working in WQ you are surrounded by smart and talented people
- Employee resources groups with strong diversity and inclusion culture
- Premium Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Generous time-off policy, re-creation sabbatical leave (based on tenure), Trade Union benefits for staff and family
- Team building activities every month: Local engagement events, monthly team lunch – Employee clubs: football, ping-pong, badminton, yoga, running, PS5, movies, etc.
- Annual company trip and occasional global conferences – opportunity to travel and connect with our global teams
- Happy-hour with tea break, snacks and meals every day in the office!
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.