WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
- Building algorithmic, computer-driven models;
- Conducting research on academic quantitative finance literature;
- Exploring new data;
- Applying an alignment of innovative methods in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science and Financial Economics.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven 3 years experience in quantitative equity research (buy side or sell side);
- Background in working with large data sets;
- Degree from a top university in a highly analytical/quantitative field, such as: Mathematics, Finance or Economics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or similar;
- Research mind-set: be a problem solver, creative, steadfast, smart, a self-starter, etc.;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Critical thinking and ability to come up with non-standard approaches;
- Solid programming skills (C++ and Python);
- Good knowledge of English (both oral and written);
- Strong work ethic.
- Experience working with corporate actions data;
- Familiarity with equity index basics;
- International or regional Mathematical/Programming/Physics Olympiad medals;
- Strong record of academic achievement (PhD, scientific publications, conference presentations, grants or awards);
- Knowledge of financial economics, including but not limited to portfolio theory, asset pricing, corporate finance, derivatives, etc.
What we offer:
- Dynamic work without routine in a leading international company;
- Competitive compensation package, which may include annual bonuses and salary increases;
- Healthy work-life balance support (flexible start time, parental leave, sabbatical after 5 years of service etc.);
- Possibility for business trips to the US and other countries;
- Regular team building, competitions and corporate events;
- Monthly team lunches;
- Medical insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Support program for employees and their relatives on psychological, legal, and financial issues;
- Parental leave program for secondary care givers;
- Culture of continuous learning: certification, online and offline training in Armenia and abroad, English classes, mentoring in professional development;
- Fruits & snacks in the office;
- Relocation package in certain cases
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.