WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
We are seeking candidates with quantitative research experience and intimate knowledge of systematic strategies across a broad variety of asset classes including global equities and/or ETFs, futures, currencies and options
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following)
- Support Portfolio Managers with alpha research, modelling, portfolio construction, optimization, and implementation of quantitative trading strategies
- Build and maintain tools and systems used throughout the quantitative research and portfolio management processes
What You’ll Bring:
- PhD or Masters degree from a top university, with a major in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, or quantitative finance discipline
- 2-8 years’ experience in quantitative research and/or quantitative development for systematic strategies
- Demonstrated ability to program in Python and/or C++, with a strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong moral integrity and work ethic
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, flexible spending account, 401k, full paid parental leave, generous PTO (paid time off) with unlimited sick days
- Perks: Employee discounts for gym memberships, wellness activities etc., healthy snacks, casual dress code
- Training: learning and development courses, speakers, team-building off-site
- Employee resource groups
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.