WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
- We are seeking candidates with quantitative portfolio management experience and intimate knowledge of systematic strategies
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following)
- Develop systematic strategies that use statistical signals associated with various market inefficiencies applied to a broad variety of asset classes including global equities and/or ETFs, futures, currencies and options
- Independently lead, manage and grow quantitative investment portfolio (portfolio will have a separately identifiable track record)
- Autonomy to build your own research pipeline and grow your team
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years’ experience in developing systematic strategies including a verifiable track record with positive PnL and Sharpe
- Strong programming skills in mainstream quant programming languages, such as Python and C++
The Independent Portfolio Manager Opportunity:
- Transparent and formula-based compensation
- Meaningful allocation with growth potential based on performance and scalability
- Access to a deep and broad menu of datasets supported by a dedicated data team
- Cross-asset execution led by a multi-regional trading team
- Opportunity for select engagement with the CIO Office in support of your research and strategy development
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, flexible spending account, 401k, full paid parental leave, generous PTO (paid time off) with unlimited sick days
- Perks: Employee discounts for gym memberships, wellness activities etc., healthy snacks, casual dress code
- Training: learning and development courses, speakers, team-building off-site
- Employee resource groups
WorldQuant is a total compensation organization where you will be eligible for a base salary, discretionary performance bonus, and benefits. The estimated salary range for this position is $150,000 to $200,000 which is specific to New York and may change in the future. When finalizing an offer we will take into consideration an individual’s experience level and the qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.