WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
The Role: We are seeking an exceptionally talented candidate to join as a Data Analysist. Data Analyst will analyze, extract, transform and onboard vendor’s data to WorldQuant Data Lake with support of our data system.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to the followings:
- Verifying provided data schema.
- Doing data extraction, transformation as WorldQuant standard
- Extracting, transforming and onboarding data
- Data analysis and quality assurance for your product
- Collaborating with other teams to improve the pipeline and deliver high productivity
- Leading, guiding, mentoring other team members
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong at Python programing skills is a must
- Skillful in data manipulation (complex join, subqueries, unions.. via SQL or dataframe library)
- Experienced with Linux command at user level
- Experienced with PySpark, Pandas is a big plus
- Intelligence, systematically analyzing skills
- Dedicated and self-disciplined with a strong work ethic and be willing to help others
- Proactive and possess good communication skills within a global team environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive and attractive compensation package with clear career road-map – where you feel challenged everyday
- We offer a strong culture of learning and development: training courses, library, speakers, share and learn events
- Learn from who sits next to you! Working in WQ you are surrounded by smart and talented people
- Employee resources groups with strong diversity and inclusion culture
- Premium Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Generous time-off policy, re-creation sabbatical leave (based on tenure), Trade Union benefits for staff and family
- Team building activities every month: Local engagement events, monthly team lunch – Employee clubs: football, ping-pong, badminton, yoga, running, PS5, movies, etc.
- Annual company trip and occasional global conferences – opportunity to travel and connect with our global teams
- Happy-hour with tea break, snacks and meals every day in the office!
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.