WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy firmwide platforms and tooling while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually driven. We seek people who think in code and are motivated by being around like-minded people.
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in a technical or quantitative field
- Passion about software engineering and operations, be strongly interested in building well-operational software system
- Experience in Linux administration; fluent in Linux standard command line programs
- Experience in metrics and logs aggregation and analysis with a focus on performance optimization
- Demonstrated experience using Python; understanding of Python idioms and limitations; working experience with numpy, pandas, SQLAlchemy, Flask/Celery is a plus
- Experience using relational databases
- Understanding of Git and CI/CD concept
- Familiarity with technologies like Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Hadoop ecosystem is a strong plus
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Fluency in the English language
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- A great support attitude (our job is to make life easier for other teams!)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Core benefits include: premium private health insurance and life insurance with savings plan
- Support for every aspect of life through Employee Assistance Program and fully covered sick leave
- Strong culture of learning and development: training courses, library, guest speakers, share and learn events, global conferences
- Regular offsite team buildings, annual conferences and occasional global summits – opportunity to travel and connect with our local and global teams
- Employee resources groups with strong diversity and inclusion culture
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.