WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
ABOUT WORLDQUANT BRAIN:
BRAIN is a group within WorldQuant similar to a traditional B2C fintech setup. Our mission is to simplify quant finance and provide global remote-work opportunities to participants, while they learn quant finance, AI and ML concepts. WorldQuant Brain provides an advanced crowdsourcing platform for external participants to contribute signals, data and more to the firm’s business.
WorldQuant is seeking Researchers to join the BRAIN team. BRAIN is WorldQuant’s crowdsourcing initiative that allows anyone in the world with the right skills to become a Quant.
- Create and develop Alphas and other utilization algorithms on BRAIN
- Conduct research on academic quantitative finance literature
- Identify and design new research domains. Generate ideas to grow the domain
- Analyze current functionalities available to researchers, identify any issues with the platform and provide solutions and recommendations to the BRAIN team
- Design and test new functionalities and datasets on the BRAIN platform.
Business Development and Consultant Engagement
- Work with BRAIN Strategy and Operations country heads and other Business Development partners to enhance & implement BRAIN business strategy for user and consultant acquisition
- Conduct training sessions for BRAIN users and consultants
- Prepare and update training curriculum of BRAIN
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Familiarity and competence in using BRAIN, ex-VRC Research Consultant, or BRAIN Research Consultant preferred
- Possess or expect a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in engineering, science, mathematics, finance or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative from a leading university
- Demonstrated programming experience in one of the following (Java/C++/C/Python/MySQL/SQL
- Server); knowledge of UNIX preferred
- Possess a research scientist mind-set; be a self-starter, a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
- Possess good communication and presentation skills in English
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive and attractive compensation package with clear career road-map – where you feel challenged everyday
- We offer a strong culture of learning and development: training courses, library, speakers, share and learn events
- Learn from who sits next to you! Working in WQ you are surrounded by smart and talented people
- Employee resources groups with strong diversity and inclusion culture
- Premium Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Generous time-off policy, re-creation sabbatical leave (based on tenure), Trade Union benefits for staff and family
- Team building activities every month: Local engagement events, monthly team lunch – Employee clubs: football, ping-pong, badminton, yoga, running, PS5, movies, etc.
- Annual company trip and occasional global conferences – opportunity to travel and connect with our global teams
- Happy-hour with tea break, snacks and meals every day in the office!
Position based in Ho Chi Minh City's Office and https://www.worldquant.com/brain/ for more information around Brain group.
Copyright © 2024 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.