WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
The Role: We are seeking a highly-qualified Trading Systems Engineer to work in our Front Office Technology group. This team is responsible for building both the large-scale quantitative-research platforms that drive WorldQuant’s operations and for building the global execution systems that execute WorldQuant’s strategies in global financial markets. We are looking for someone who will be responsible for developing, extending, monitoring, configuring, and troubleshooting a complex and distributed platform. Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
- Provide support for the real-time global execution system. Manage and improve operational infrastructure
- Troubleshoot critical production issues, identifying and patching bugs and inefficiencies
- Handle configuration, testing, installation, monitoring of applications and back end processes of a complex platform
- Handle numerous requests sent by users, follow-up with users, and work with other groups on resolving issues
- Analyze and optimize latencies
- Participate in all facets of a project’s life cycle from design, implementation, testing, documentation and deployment, with a focus on deployment and production support
- Coordinate with other technology groups around releases and upgrades
- Interact with developers, quants, portfolio managers, and remote support staff
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in engineering or related field
- Experience with DevOps lifecycle
- Strong ability to understand source control systems and how they work
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (Experience with Gitlab CI is a plus)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with Python scripting and debugging C++ code
- Experience with change management in a regulated / critical environment such as finance
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.