WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
- Oversee all financial operations of China with the potential to add additional countries in the East Asia region
- Lead the local accounting support staff
- Manage and maintain all local and corporate general ledgers
- Handle all tax and regulatory reporting presented to local authorities
- Oversee financial statement audits and liaise with external auditors
- Analyze expenses actual-to-budget, month-over-month, and annual trend
- Prepare monthly full year expense forecasts and annual budget
- Manage cash flows and monthly billings to the US corporate office
- Assist country General Manager with analysis/financial reviews of global programs
- Prepare insightful financial analysis reports to management
- Work with local Human Resources and manage local compensation analyses
What You’ll Bring:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Solid understanding of local accounting principles and US GAAP
- 8+ years of proven experience
- Excellent oral and written English skills required
- Self-motivated and takes initiative with minimal mentorship
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior exposure in an international workforce culture is a plus
- Knowledge of Workday general ledger and human resource systems is a plus
- CPA or local equivalent is a plus
- Environment of continuous learning and development in a leading multinational company
- Competitive and attractive compensation package
- Friendly and collegial working environment
- Generous time-off policy and Employee Assistant Program
- Opportunity to travel and connect with our global teams
- Regular team building activities and monthly happy hour
- Fruits and snacks in the office
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.