WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a broad range of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a balanced, global investment platform.
WorldQuant is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Excellent ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an outstanding talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us build it.
The Role: We are seeking an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our Simulator team. This position is responsible for supporting and developing new features in our financial simulator that can run back tests for different financial asset classes at varying frequencies: daily, intraday, and tick-by-tick. The Simulator is written in C++ and Python on Linux and is used by both researchers to develop alphas and portfolio managers to build strategies. Our team works closely with end users to design and develop new features that continuously improve the existing product, and to build tools to upgrade their research onto newer versions of the platform.
What You’ll Bring:
- Computer Science or closely related degree
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated ability to program in C/C++ and Python in a Linux environment
- Understanding of proper software testing techniques
- DevOps and scripting experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving abilities with strong attention to details
- Mature, thoughtful, with ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
- Candidates do not need prior experience in finance, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock and financial markets
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form, good command of the English language
Copyright © 2023 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.